Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mom (Me, I'm Not - Yet)

With you gone I'm free to be as melodramatic as I wish. I can stare out the window *pretending* to be immersed in my many deep and philosophical thoughts just like they do in the movies. (Who really does that any way?) I can pick fresh flowers to display as a center piece for the dining table (for all the many guests I plan to entertain). I can tie on my apron and bake batches of chocolate chip cookies for all the neighbourhood children (and dance around the kitchen humming old show tunes in the process). I can dim the lights, set the many candles ablaze and enjoy a glass of wine in my jammies (and share the experience with no one other than myself).

With you gone I'm free to explore (perhaps not all of the above). Discover who I really am without the influence of another. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for all you have given - of yourself, your time, your patience, your love, your life... This is a gift we both can enjoy.

Solitude.

No comments: